Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

ASCA to educate GPs.

 Hi all I was just checking something on the ASCA website and discovered this article about GPs being in the front line as help for Survivors of child abuse. Here is a link...

 http://asca.org.au/Portals/2/GPs%E2%80%99%20key%20role%20for%20abuse%20victims.pdf

As I have shared before with you that I have had trouble in the past with GPs understanding of Post traumatic Stress from Childhood abuse.  There still needs to be education for GPs to help them out.

I have worked hard with mine and she has come a long way and is now a vital part of my support, which I am very grateful for.

I really hope ASCA gets some information across as it will help so many people.

As you probably already know a survivor is more likely to suffer mental illness and physical illness from the trauma, so we tend to need health care professionals a lot! If they can be more understanding it certainly helps with the healing process.

Sending light and love your way,
Margie Thomas


No comments: