Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 7, 2016

Don't be ashamed of being a victim.

Hi all,
An interesting topic, why be ashamed of being a victim of abuse?
For one reason, it wasn't your fault!
I know when I started to share publicly what happened to me as a child , my family told me to move on, plenty of other people said the same or just pretended it didn't happen.
When I felt the best was when people validated me very rare though it was. I think this is particularly because I never had been before. The abuse happened as a child and I was not validated, that child still lives in me now waiting for some kind of validation and justice. Yes I have to do the work now but if you want to help a survivor , validate them don't tell them to move on.
Validation will help with healing, telling them to move on will slow it down.

Please read the article in the link below, it was shared with me and I want to share it with you as it really resonated!

"Sanctuary for the abused"
Reality and re victimization

http://abusesanctuary.blogspot.com.au/2005/09/reality-and-revictimization.html

Let us be gentle with each other and validate each other's pain , this will make such a loving and healing place to be.

Love and light,
Margie Thomas xxx



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, this was really helpful