Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

To forgive or not to forgive that is the question...

Hi all,
I haven't been on for awhile. I have had a bit of illness but also some good healing time.

I was on Facebook again the other day and saw this wonderful article on Psychology Today .com.

As you know I have spoken about forgiveness before and how many survivors are often expected to forgive their perpetrator right at the beginning of their healing journey. I think this is madness and is actually quite harmful to the survivor. You can only forgive when and if you are ready. The focus should not be on the victim doing the 'right thing' but instead should be on the perpetrator doing the 'right thing'!

Anyway here is a link to the article I was talking about , it backs a lot of what I have already said. So for those of you who need more proof to show others please read this and share.


https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/disturbed/201208/why-you-dont-always-have-forgive


Lots of love and light!
Margie Thomas


No comments: