Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 2, 2011

There's a rainforest in my CD Player Poem

There‘s a rainforest in my CD player.

Rushing here and rushing there

Time ticks past so quickly

I swear I could feel a breeze!

Running down, running out of energy

I was surprised to see a glitch in time

“I will cook tea” he said

Oh my, what to do, what to do

I slowly lay myself on to the bed

Turning the light on,

Pressing play on the CD player

I start to relax and read

“Relax” what a foreign feeling

My mind starts to wonder

I see a rainforest, I hear the birds

I smell the sweet wet smell of running water

The sun glistens through the tree tops

I am intoxicated and sleepy

The music it lifts me up and lays

Me on the water to float peacefully

In the distance I hear a call

It gets stronger and louder

“Mum” “mum” “I am hungry”

Chants the 6 year old

The rain forest swirls and

Shrinks like backwards smoke

And rushes into my CD player

Damn Reality hits again!


By Margie Thomas

2nd March 2006

No comments: